Book IV in the X-Factor Pedigree series
Book Publishing & Copyrights held by Flying Island LLC
The X-Factor, The Relationship Between Inherited Heart Size and Racing Performance, Marianna Haun, copyright 1997
OUT OF PRINT
The X-Factor, Patterns of Heart Score & Performance, Marianna Haun, copyright 2001
OUT OF PRINT
Solving the Mystery of Secretariat's Heart, Mariana Haun, contributor K.C. Jakeman, copyright 2013
OUT OF PRINT
A Tale of Two Hearts, The X-Factor from the Beginning, K.C. Jakeman copyright 2018
Direct from the Publisher
S&H included in purchase options below
Use the drop down tab to select
Tack & Feed store or Breeder Discount
My goal was to make the X-Factor Theory so easy to understand that even a non Breeder could figure it out,
by the end of the last chapter. Sure you can complicate X-Factor or deny it, but once you find the pattern
of inheritance and the physical markers that go with them, you can't unsee what I teach you in this book.
- Chapter One The X-Factor Theory from the Beginning [Why was Secretariat's heart so large?]
- Chapter Two Memories of a Golden Era & Saying Goodbye to Turf writer Marianna Haun & Penny Chenery
- Chapter ThreePocahontas (1837) and her brilliant three Sisters
- Chapter Four The Four Pillars [Broodmare Sires] of X-Factor and how to find them
- Chapter Five The Heart of the Triple Crown and why size does matter
- Chapter Six North American Steeplechase Hearts
- Chapter Seven Sporting the X-Factor [How large hearts have impacted our Performance Horse World]
- Chapter Nine Prominent Heart Scans
- Chapter Ten Cheat sheets and Heart Charts for Breeders
In Chapter One we talk about Ruffian & her pedigree, La Troienne and her pedigree, Faultless, Black Helen, Dr. Fager and Kelso, In Chapter 2 beginning with Northern Dancer whose heart was measured using ECG by Dr. Fred Fregin, I analyze each Kentucky Derby winner from 1964 to 2018. That includes Triple Crown winners American Pharoah and Justify. The heart of the matter is Chapter Four where I describe the four Broodmare Sire pillars of the X-Factor. You won't find any other book on the shelf that explains what the X-Factor is or how to follow the X-Factor theory. I know because I actually put the theory to the test in 2003 by breeding 9 of my broodmares to Lexington stallions who I knew where exhibiting X-Factor.
Thank you for buying my book. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Sincerely, K.C. Jakeman
All rights have been reserved by Flying Island LLC.
No part of these works can be copied or distributed without written permission by Flying Island LLC. No parts of the written works can be stored in a retrieval system, mechanical or digital, audio recording or other without prior permission from the copyright holder - Flying Island LLC. For written permission please contact; FlyingIslandDistributing@gmail.com
or send a fax to (888) 559-7060 requesting use of certain written materials.