Our colors ran under;
Paris Hills Farm,Ltd 1994 - 2001
Paris Hills Ltd 2001-2009
Latitude 27 LLC 2000-2005
Susan's Angel LLC Racing Partnership
Galahad Racing LLC Partnership
W.C. Jakeman, Owner/Breeder
K.C. Jakeman Owner/Breeder
- Chapter One The X-Factor from the Beginning
- Chapter Two Memories of a Golden Era (Pedigrees from the 60's to the 90's with X-Factor)
- Chapter Three Pocahontas & the Three Sisters (Eleanor - Julia - Cressida)
- Chapter FourThe Four Pillars of X-Factor & the cornerstone of St. Simon
- Chapter Five The Heart of the Triple Crown (XPR analysis of each Triple Crown winner)
- Chapter Six The North American Steeplechase Horse top performers
(Good Night Shirt - Lonesome Glory - Demonstrative -Divine Fortune - Percussionist- Rawnaq)
- Chapter Seven Sporting the X-Factor
(X-Factor in top performing Quarter Horses, Morgans and Standardbreds)
- Chapter Eight X Before Y - How to Read X-Factor
- Chapter Nine Prominent Heart Scans
- Chapter Ten X-Factor Cheat Sheets and Heart charts.
Who is the author?
The spring of 1994 K.C. Jakeman and her husband Captain W.C. Jakeman moved from the Pacific Northwest to the Blue Grass of Kentucky where they bought Paris HIlls Farm from retired jockey Mickey Solomone. The three quickly formed a friendship because the little farm was thrown into the spotlight on the first Saturday in May of 1997 when a mare they owned became a Kentucky Derby winner/producer. Solomone a regional manager of Jockey's Guild at the time, dialed up the Jakeman's to put winning jockey Gary Stevens on the phone. "We've all come a long way haven't we?" said Stevens. He successfully piloted some of their Washington breds at Longacres Park in the early 90's"Yes we have," said Jakeman. "Well congratulations, Mickey told me you not only bought his old farm, but you also recently bought Silver Charm's mother, and she's in foal to Silver Charms full sibling."
The Jakeman's looked for middle aged mares who had established catalog pages to sell out of. Bonnies Poker was one of those mares. "We found her at the Ocala Breeders Sale in foal to Silver Buck," said K.C. Jakeman. "She looked so much like Seattle Slew, I just had to have her." Jakeman was referring to the fact that Seattle Slew shared a common pedigree link. Seattle Slew's mother was by Poker. Bonnie's Poker was by Poker. That was just the beginning of Jakeman's X-Factor story.